For my friends suffering from excitement insomnia during ICC World Cup, here are a few helpful tips for this Thursday and Friday night.
- Avoid caffeine as it will make your insomnia worse.
- Get 30 minutes of exercise as it will improve your deep sleep.
- Assign ten o’clock at night to six o’clock in the morning as sacred time, reserved for resting and recharging instead of worrying about India’s performance.
- Get rid of all your work-related (in this case, cricket-related) material from your bedroom.
- Continue your relaxing bedtime ritual: shower, relaxing reading, cookies and milk, and meditation, per your preference.
- Read your favorite lines from the Gita or any other religious book to calm your nerves.Therefore, O Sachin, surrendering all your works unto Me, with mind intent on Me, and without desire for gain and free from egoism and lethargy, fight. -Chapter 3-40
- Perform Mindful Meditation especially if you can not relax. You can learn about it here.
- Do not worry. India is going to win. Relax. Turn off the lights and go to sleep.