We often feel tired at the end of a long day. What can we do if we feel tired at the beginning of a long day? Here are 10 ways you can rejuvenate your mind and body as you keep working. You can use these tips at the beginning of a night shift too.
1. Be compassionate to the self. Give yourself permission to be tired. Accept it honestly.
2. Talk less. Listen more. You will be amazed how often we can find ways to be quiet and give the much needed rest to our vocal cords.
3. Focus on your breathing. Be pleasantly mindful of your body, your thoughts, and your emotions.
4. Stretch, stretch, stretch. Stretch your back, neck, and legs. This will help reduce those distracting aches and pains.
5. Pray on the go. Unshakeable faith can help bring the best out of us. “God, rejuvenate me as I serve my customers well.”
6. Stay hydrated. Dehydration can worsen the fatigue. Also, dry mouth can be a distracting symptom especially when tired.
7. Avoid carbohydrate rich meals.
8. Look at bright light. This will uplift your alertness.
9. Smile and keep smiling. Fake smile stimulates the same areas of the brain as a genuine smile. Negative emotions will drain you, positive emotions will energize you.
10. Be confident. You have pulled through this before and you can pull through this again. Great leaders and legendary athletes always put their best performance when faced with tiredness, illness, and other stressors. You can do the same.
Were these tips helpful? Which one is your favorite? Do you have any tips to share with us?