Do you ever wake up tired and sluggish even after a good night’s sleep? This can be because of the negative emotions, which get amplified during REM (the dreaming stage) sleep. Can we use this to our advantage by praying on the pillow at bedtime? Praying before sleep eliminates negative emotions while praying after sleep prepares you for the day. It infuses energy, enthusiasm, and optimism. Praying with your afternoon nap recharges your spiritual engine, while on-the-go prayers maintain your optimism during the challenges at work.
Prayer should be both a discipline that we exercise daily and a free flow of communication with God about whatever concerns us. Pray when you are stumped by a word or phrase, when you are up against a deadline, before signing a contract, and when turning in a manuscript. God’s mercies are new every morning, so no matter how bad yesterday was, today is truly a new day in his kingdom.
Here are a few of my favorite bedtime pillow prayers.
- As I dream tonight, my Lord, take me to the enchanted corners of every galaxy.
- As I sleep, my Lord, replace hatred from my subconscious with faith and love.
- Lord infuse energy & enthusiasm in every neuron of every brain tonight.
- If anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ & does not doubt, it will be done.
- Wake me up at the end of a fabulous dream.
- As I sleep, Lord, fill up my vast subconscious with hope, happiness, joy, and bliss. And then wake me up with the highest level of consciousness.
And here are a few of my favorite morning pillow prayers.
- Help me serve humanity with unshakable faith, empathy, and enthusiasm.
- Help me enjoy every moment today.
- Be my energy today.
- Give me the strength to carry on.
- Instill, in my brain, noble thoughts from every direction.
- Keep me polite amid impolite, considerate amid inconsiderate, happy amid unhappy, and optimistic amid pessimistic today.
- Help me find peace amid incessant activity today.
- Help me serve every customer with unconditional empathy, my Lord.
- Help me experience boundless joy in every moment.
Take a moment to share your favorite pillow prayers.
Sleep Well, Live Well.